POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : vturbulence and isosurfaces problem Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  vturbulence and isosurfaces problem (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Subject: vturbulence and isosurfaces problem
Date: 2 Jan 2001 18:01:47
Message: <3a525ddb@news.povray.org>
I've posted a demo file in p.t.s.f.

Mick

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: vturbulence and isosurfaces problem
Date: 2 Jan 2001 18:34:22
Message: <chrishuff-45032E.18355002012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a525ddb@news.povray.org>, "Mick Hazelgrove"
<mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> wrote:

> I've posted a demo file in p.t.s.f.

I haven't had a chance to take a close look at it, but one thing I
noticed:
You have "translate<XPos,0,ZPos>" as your ordinary translation, and
"translate vturbulence (1.2, 3, 2,<XPos,0,ZPos>/50)" as the turbulated
translation. You divide the coordinates by 50, scaling down the amount
of movement, but never scale them back up. You have a similar expression
in your prism, but you create your prisms with a macro that makes them
at different positions, but your isosurface is always at the same place.
It looks like you meant to type: "translate vturbulence (1.2, 3,
2,<XPos,0,ZPos>/50)*50" in the isosurface translation.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message