POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Color choice for IRTC project Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:10:42 EDT (-0400)
  Color choice for IRTC project (Message 1 to 10 of 29)
From: Xilo Musimene
Subject: Color choice for IRTC project
Date: 19 Apr 2003 17:23:21
Message: <3EA130FE.9010907@hotpop.com>
Hi,
   I decided to try to enter the IRTC competition...  I got a great idea
and I've been searching for information on my idea and I think it should
be very nice...  or...  I hope so! =)

   I got a problem with color choice...  Usually, i only pick from the
three R, G and B, and there is no problem, but my project requires 4
colors this time and I wonder what colors to choose.. ( I must not
choose blank nor white)  On top of that, there is already a few colors
taken, like Blue, Green, Brown (light and dark)...  Though I think I
could repick Blue and Green...  so I'd need either two more colors or
better 4 more colors...  I need my colors to be colorful (!) and
attractive and most possibly contrasting.

   If any of you can come with a choice to help me out, I'd greatly
appreciate!  I'm very bad with colors, I have a cerebral disfunction
which in french is called "daltonisme", I don't know what it is in
english but it make the red pigmentation wrong in my perception.  So if
I see a brown color and a red color (depending on lighting) they might
look exactly the same...  or if I see two different shades of red (pink
or whatever contains red) I will have much difficulty distinguishing
which is the darkest...

   This said, I'm having trouble choosing good looking colors, because I
don't really know colors, I like R, G and B because they are the primary
colors of optics, they are Fact.  I might eventually look in a
dictionnary to find a mythological connotation of my chosen colors, but
this might not be of use in the final image.

Anyway, I need to choose 4 colors, thanks for any help!
   Xilo

Post a reply to this message