POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Linux/Unix Survey Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Linux/Unix Survey (Message 81 to 90 of 94)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Julian
Subject: Re: Linux/Unix Survey
Date: 27 Apr 2003 11:24:26
Message: <3EAC03E4.3080009@t-online.de>
Ken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The TAG and The POV-Team are trying to get a better picture of how many
> people here use POV-Ray on a Linux/Unix based machine. If you do have it
> installed please respond to this message telling us on what version of
> Linux/Unix, how long you have been using it and what version of POV-Ray
> you are currently running. This information will be used to help better
> support this platform.
>

> Thanks for your help,

I'm using POV-Ray 3.50c, compiled with gcc 3.1.1, on Sun Solaris 8/Sparc
I use Solaris since 3 Years and POV-Ray since 1 month.

Julian

Date: 29 Apr 2003 11:28:23
Message: <3eae98d0.148918683@news.povray.org>
On 22 Apr 2003 17:02:12 +0300, Ville Saari <vs### [at] shawarmanlsfi> wrote:
>I've been using POV-Ray or its predecessor DKBTrace since 1991 (on Linux
>since 2000, Digital Unix, Solaris and Amiga before that). Version 3.5.

and the author of chess2.pov, which is still included in the sample
scenes. Are you still with the Ferry Island Pixelboys ??

/Erkki

Post a reply to this message

hi, I currently use povray 3.5 on both Win2K and Linux (RedHat)
I plan to phase out the Win use.

Ken wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The TAG and The POV-Team are trying to get a better picture of how many
> people here use POV-Ray on a Linux/Unix based machine. If you do have it
> installed please respond to this message telling us on what version of
> Linux/Unix, how long you have been using it and what version of POV-Ray
> you are currently running. This information will be used to help better
> support this platform.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> --
> Ken Tyler - POV-Ray Technical Assistance Group

Post a reply to this message

redhat. i've been using linux for 6 years or so.
pov 3.5