POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : File - I/O Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  File - I/O (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Tim Nikias
Subject: File - I/O
Date: 9 Jul 2002 14:37:23
Message: <3D2B2D75.421690D8@gmx.de>
I'm just too plain lazy to try, cause I think to simply check it
would prove to be difficult. Needs a useful algorithm to run,
and haven't got the inspiration to cook one up just as I need
it...

So, here goes:
I need to compare vectors saved in a file with vectors saved
in the same file. Now I know that I can #fopen files, but
can I open the same file twice, just for reading? I want
to loop through the first version, and for every new vector,
I loop through the second version to find neighbours.

Does POV confuse positions in file then, or does it work
like I want it to? I'm just not too sure about opening a file
twice (actually opening and closing a second version for every
data stored in itself)...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde