POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : moon position Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  moon position (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jeff Nighbert
Subject: moon position
Date: 3 Jun 2002 09:18:48
Message: <3CFB6CB7.A9DB982E@or.blm.gov>
Does anyone have a pov macro for putting the moon at its actual location
in the sky according to date, time etc.?   I saw a solar position macro
for the sun.  It would be nice if there was one for the moon.
jeff

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone have a pov macro for putting the moon at its actual location
> in the sky according to date, time etc.?   I saw a solar position macro
> for the sun.  It would be nice if there was one for the moon.

I think the Moon is quite a bit more difficult than the sun if done
accurately, but if you just want a rough estimation you could have a look
at:

http://hotel04.ausys.se/pausch/comp/ppcomp.html

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 02 Jun. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

For some basic programmes, based on the above. They seem easily
convertable to POV-Ray SDL:
http://www.btinternet.com/~kburnett/kepler/

Ingo

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone have a pov macro for putting the moon at its actual location
> in the sky according to date, time etc.?   I saw a solar position macro
> for the sun.  It would be nice if there was one for the moon.
> jeff

look in povray.binaries.scenefiles for EarthMoon.zip from me. It is a
highly accurate but also highly computationally intensive moon
algorithm, already in SDL.