POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ElastoLab outputs POV-Ray animations Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  ElastoLab outputs POV-Ray animations (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: David Buck
Subject: ElastoLab outputs POV-Ray animations
Date: 11 Nov 2001 17:00:07
Message: <3BEEF536.859A818B@simberon.com>
I've had a few requests for ElastoLab to output POV-Ray animations, so I
decided to implement it. There is now a "Record" button in the toolbar
that allows you to record the movements of the particles in ElastoLab in
POV-Ray spline format.  You can then use these declarations to move
objects in POV-Ray.  The results are all 2D (sorry, folks), but I output
the position and velocity of each particle.  You just press the "Record"
button before playing your scene.  When you stop, you will be asked for
a filename for the animation.

If you have already downloaded ElastoLab, you only need to go to the
"patches" link and put the patch files on that page into the patches
directory of ElastoLab.  If you download the full distribution, the
patches are already included.  If you have any troubles, you can email
dav### [at] simberoncom.  If you would like help building animations from the
splines, let me know and I'll try to help out.

This feature is an advanced feature, but I've enabled it for free until
December 15.  Feel free to have fun with it.  I'd love to see any
animations you come up.

ElastoLab is a program that simulates physics in real-time.  You can get
it from http://www.simberon.com.

David Buck
Simberon Inc.