POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : YAMC... the beginnings Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  YAMC... the beginnings (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jon A  Cruz
Subject: YAMC... the beginnings
Date: 1 Oct 2001 00:13:12
Message: <3BB7EC93.7B4D34DF@geocities.com>
Well, I now have the beginnings of yet another model converter. I've
been hacking a few days over this past week, but hadn't gotten to
test much since I don't like having to reboot into Windows...

Then this afternoon I realized I had a borrowed iBook sitting on the
shelf less than a foot from my hand, and that I could get 3.5beta
for the Mac....     :-D

So I copied my mesh exporter and changed it to mesh2. Then I added
the UV output and ran things through. One quick reverse of the
vertical coord on UV and voila! my first image.

You can see it in p.b.i under "YAMC and POV 3.5b"

BTW, it's in Java. It's 1.1.x compatible. That means it should run
even on Mac OS 9 machines.

Next step: adding basic .obj support. improve it to actually get
whole models out....

Basically it's time for me to support needed formats, test sample
models and get it fully useful.

--
Jon A. Cruz
http://www.geocities.com/joncruz/action.html