POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3.5 beta and memory use Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  3.5 beta and memory use (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Ib Rasmussen
Subject: 3.5 beta and memory use
Date: 30 Sep 2001 17:12:24
Message: <3BB78B4A.5D4E4BB8@ibras.dk>
I have just rendered the scene I'm working on in both POV 3.1g and
3.5beta4, and noticed a significant difference in peak memory use. While
3.1 uses 167MB 3.5 uses 339MB - more than twice as much. Is this normal,
or have I overlooked some change in the default settings, that can
explain the difference?

/Ib
----------------------------
Gallery: http://www.ibras.dk

Post a reply to this message

IIRC Norbert Kern got a similar problem (have a look to his thread in p.b.i)

--
Jonathan

"Ib Rasmussen" <ib### [at] ibrasdk> ha scritto nel messaggio
> I have just rendered the scene I'm working on in both POV 3.1g and
> 3.5beta4, and noticed a significant difference in peak memory use. While
> 3.1 uses 167MB 3.5 uses 339MB - more than twice as much. Is this normal,
> or have I overlooked some change in the default settings, that can
> explain the difference?
>
> /Ib
> Gallery: http://www.ibras.dk

Post a reply to this message