POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D-meshes out of ASCII-data?? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:04:22 EDT (-0400)
  3D-meshes out of ASCII-data?? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Achim Czasch
Subject: 3D-meshes out of ASCII-data??
Date: 22 Mar 2001 09:54:53
Message: <3ABA11FA.B6CCB479@hsb.uni-frankfurt.de>
How can I create 3D-meshes (based on triangles or whatever will do
then job) out of raw ASCII-Data where each point is defined in a
spherical (or cartesian coordiante) system?

I want to display experimental data of my PhD-thesis that looks like
the surface of a cloud.

Thanks!

Achim

cza### [at] hsbuni-frankfurtde

Post a reply to this message

> How can I create 3D-meshes (based on triangles or whatever will do
> then job) out of raw ASCII-Data where each point is defined in a
> spherical (or cartesian coordiante) system?
>
> I want to display experimental data of my PhD-thesis that looks like
> the surface of a cloud.

You will have to say some more things about what you mean by 'raw
ASCII-Data'.

Does it contain triangle coordinates, particle positions, density values,

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>