POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [bug] declared normal on camera Server Time
8 Aug 2024 06:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  [bug] declared normal on camera (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Fabien Mosen
Subject: [bug] declared normal on camera
Date: 12 Mar 2001 05:19:52
Message: <3AACA239.E380A0E2@skynet.be>
The following piece of code makes POV-Ray (under Windows, both
official and unofficial) exit, without any message, once the rendering
is complete :

#declare Cam1 = camera {location <500,150,-250>
                        direction z*1
                        look_at <0,150,120>
                        normal {bumps .1}
                        }
camera {Cam1}

This happens when the camera is declared AND there is a normal
statement in the camera.  Not very annoying, since it's easy to
turn around, but still a bug.

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:17:29 +0100 Fabien Mosen wrote:

>The following piece of code makes POV-Ray (under Windows, both
>official and unofficial) exit, without any message, once the rendering
>is complete :

  Hi, Fabien. Are you using the vc++ compiled version of v3.1g or the
Watcom? Not sure if it makes a difference but it may help us track things...