POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV & AMD @ LinuxWorld Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  POV & AMD @ LinuxWorld (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Margus Ramst
Subject: POV & AMD @ LinuxWorld
Date: 31 Jan 2001 18:57:34
Message: <3A78A6F6.D7A97E9E@peak.edu.ee>
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I noticed at www.amdzone.com
that AMD is planning to use POV at its booth at LinuxWorld, specifically:

Polywell 1.1GHz AMD Athlon processor-based workstation running POVRay on SuSE
7.0 Linux

So you can see P4 and Athlon running POV side by side - should be interesting,
especially if they would agree to run the same scene ;)

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee
Home page http://www.hot.ee/margusrt

Post a reply to this message

> So you can see P4 and Athlon running POV side by side - should be interesting,
> especially if they would agree to run the same scene ;)

I guess this could only happen if they are _both_ faster than the other.  So
the answer is obvious :-(

     Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde