POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : wood grain degrades poorly at lower resolutions Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:24:46 EDT (-0400)
  wood grain degrades poorly at lower resolutions (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: David Beccue
Subject: wood grain degrades poorly at lower resolutions
Date: 12 Dec 2000 12:53:44
Message: <3A36668F.3B427C45@Beccue.com>
Help!

When I render my wood grain, it looks great close-up (i.e. 2000x1500
resolution) but it has ugly patterns in it at lower resolutions.  Is
there some way to make the lower resolutions degrade more realistically?

I've included the POV files and a link to the JPGs in case someone could

take a look at it.

http://www.softcare.cx/wood1_hirez.jpg
http://www.softcare.cx/wood1_lorez.jpg

If this problem would take any substantial amount of time to fix, I'm
certainly willing to pay someone to help me with it.

Please help!

Thanks,
David Beccue
888-323-2283

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'wood1.pov.txt' (87 KB) Download 'door.inc.txt' (4 KB) Download 'cabsol.inc.txt' (8 KB)

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:55:28 -0800, David Beccue wrote:
>When I render my wood grain, it looks great close-up (i.e. 2000x1500
>resolution) but it has ugly patterns in it at lower resolutions.  Is
>there some way to make the lower resolutions degrade more realistically?

Antialiasing.

>--------------E1157B0D4475DE0C7784DB58

This was highly unnecessary.  We have a group for binaries, and this
isn't it.  Please cancel your post and repost the binary portion in the
right place.

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.

Post a reply to this message

> When I render my wood grain, it looks great close-up (i.e. 2000x1500
> resolution) but it has ugly patterns in it at lower resolutions.  Is
> there some way to make the lower resolutions degrade more realistically?

I have found that rendering at >200% the final image size with +aa1 +r1
and resampling in image editor is faster and looks better than doing
full anti aliasing in pov.

Kari Kivisalo                                  http://www.kivisalo.net

Post a reply to this message