POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rotate_around... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Rotate_around... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Dawn McKnight
Subject: Rotate_around...
Date: 9 Nov 2000 02:36:25
Message: <3A0A53F9.E6EC0C8F@mac.com>
Hey, Gang.

Is there any thought given to perhaps, in a future release, letting you
rotate an object around a point other than <0, 0, 0>?

Dawn

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: Rotate_around...
Date: 9 Nov 2000 07:02:51
Message: <chrishuff-A380B5.07025609112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A0A53F9.E6EC0C8F@mac.com>, mck### [at] maccom wrote:

> Is there any thought given to perhaps, in a future release, letting you
> rotate an object around a point other than <0, 0, 0>?

No, because it is so easily done with the current POV...you can use a
macro if you want.

#macro Rotate_Around(Rotation, Around)
    translate -Point
    rotate Rotation
    translate Point
#end

#macro VRotate_Around(Point, Rotation, Around)
    (vrotate(Point-Around, Rotation)+Around)
#end

If you use MegaPOV, you don't even need the second macro, you could just
use the vtransform() function with the first one.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message