POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cloth simulation links Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:01:24 EDT (-0400)
  Cloth simulation links (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Rune
Subject: Cloth simulation links
Date: 21 Aug 2000 15:26:53
Message: <39a1827d@news.povray.org>
I just found this links:

http://www.mip.ou.dk/~ptr/AM35/Eksamensopgave/eopgave.html

On that page there's links to some documents about cloth simulating.

The documents are in .ps.Z and .ps.gz formats, and I don't know how to open
them, so I haven't seen them myself, but I thought that maybe others would
be interested. Maybe you already knew these, but anyway, it's better to post
a link too much than risking to miss one. :-)

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated July 23)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org

Post a reply to this message

> The documents are in .ps.Z and .ps.gz formats, and I don't know how to open
> them, so I haven't seen them myself, but I thought that maybe others would
> be interested...

Earlier I have opened .gz -files successfully with gzip.
(It is available both for Win 95/98/NT, MS-DOS, Unix, etc.)

Gzip executables is available here:

http://www.gzip.org/

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html

Post a reply to this message

the ftp server that the files are on isn't quite dead, but it does appear to be
fatally wounded... if someone gets those files and could put them somewhere
where it'll be faster than 0.15 kb/s, that would be great :-)

Post a reply to this message

>On that page there's links to some documents about cloth simulating.
>
>The documents are in .ps.Z and .ps.gz formats, and I don't know how to open
>them, so I haven't seen them myself, but I thought that maybe others would
>be interested. Maybe you already knew these, but anyway, it's better to
post
>a link too much than risking to miss one. :-)

You should be able to open .gz and .Z files with winzip.
.ps requires a postscript viewer. I like ghostscript (not sure
where you can download it from...)

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * Reality.dat not found         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Attempting to reboot universe *
* The best way to accelerate Windows NT is at 9.8 m/s^2      *

> .ps requires a postscript viewer. I like ghostscript (not sure
> where you can download it from...)

I'm a happy user of GSview.

You can find Ghostscript, Ghostview and GSview at this page:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

Tor Olav