POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Check out my on-line povray rendering farm! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Check out my on-line povray rendering farm! (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Space Dude
Subject: Check out my on-line povray rendering farm!
Date: 8 Sep 2000 13:03:07
Message: <39B91BCB.10482FE6@rap.ucar.edu>
For those of you with limited CPU resources, you can take full advantage
of my povray rendering farm!

I've set up a bunch of machines to watch for work to be done.

You submit your scene file and one of my machines in the farm will
render your image for you and e-mail you back the picture.  It's really
cool!

You can get to it here:
http://www.badcheese.com/~steve/povray_form.shtml

Have fun!

- Steve

--
EMAIL: (h) ste### [at] badcheesecom  WEB: http://badcheese.com/~steve
       (w) swe### [at] rapucaredu

Post a reply to this message

"Space Dude" <swe### [at] rapucaredu> wrote in message
| For those of you with limited CPU resources, you can take full advantage
| of my povray rendering farm!
|
| You submit your scene file and one of my machines in the farm will
| render your image for you and e-mail you back the picture.  It's really
| cool!
|
| You can get to it here:
| http://www.badcheese.com/~steve/povray_form.shtml

Hey, that IS "really cool".  The current status shows it idle at the moment.
How many times has this actually been tried successfully?

Bob

Post a reply to this message

> "Space Dude" <swe### [at] rapucaredu> wrote in message
> | For those of you with limited CPU resources, you can take full advantage
> | of my povray rendering farm!
> |
> | You submit your scene file and one of my machines in the farm will
> | render your image for you and e-mail you back the picture.  It's really
> | cool!
> |
> | You can get to it here:
> | http://www.badcheese.com/~steve/povray_form.shtml
>
> Hey, that IS "really cool".  The current status shows it idle at the moment.
> How many times has this actually been tried successfully?
>
> Bob

Most of the machines are allways idle unless a job has been submitted.

I just checked it out and it seems like people have started to use it
since I posted on this newsgroup.

It's been available for almost a year now, but I haven't kept it
up-to-date very much.  I want to install mega-pov on all of the
machines, but keeping that many machines up-to-date is a little bit of
work.  8)

- Steve

--
EMAIL: (h) ste### [at] badcheesecom  WEB: http://badcheese.com/~steve
       (w) swe### [at] rapucaredu
           ste### [at] mailcom

Post a reply to this message

> For those of you with limited CPU resources, you can take full
> advantage of my povray rendering farm!
>
> I've set up a bunch of machines to watch for work to be done.
>
> You submit your scene file and one of my machines in the farm will
> render your image for you and e-mail you back the picture.  It's
> really cool!
>
> You can get to it here:
> http://www.badcheese.com/~steve/povray_form.shtml
>
> Have fun!

If I submit my scene file, will it render the 129,600 frames needed for
a ninety-minute film at 24 fps?

Regards,
John
--