POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Summary of pattern requirements? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:01:54 EDT (-0400)
  Summary of pattern requirements? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Chuck Roberts
Subject: Summary of pattern requirements?
Date: 25 Aug 2000 13:56:16
Message: <39A6B408.8FE00F7C@accn.org>
Does anyone have a summary of the pattern requirements for
pigments? For example, the gradient pattern as a pigment needs at
least 2 colors as a color_map.

I am also looking for pattern requirements for normal patterns.
For example, when using gradient as a normal pattern, you need to
specify an axis, and the amount of the normal, so the normal
would look like this:
	normal {gradient x .764
		color_map {...}
		}

Thanks.
Chuck

--
See my Free stuff page. It compares free website providers, and
lists free internet access providers.

Win98 help file loaded with hints and tips, including securing a
Win 95/98 PC in a classroom setting. VB4 help file with lots of
code and hints.
At http://www.crosswinds.net/~robertsc/

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000 13:59:36 -0400, Chuck Roberts wrote:
>Does anyone have a summary of the pattern requirements for
>pigments? For example, the gradient pattern as a pigment needs at
>least 2 colors as a color_map.

No it doesn't.  It has a default color_map, if one is unspecified,
and if you specify one with only one color you just get a solid color.

>I am also looking for pattern requirements for normal patterns.
>For example, when using gradient as a normal pattern, you need to
>specify an axis, and the amount of the normal, so the normal
>would look like this:
>	normal {gradient x .764
>		color_map {...}
>		}

I'm not sure color_map is valid in a normal...

My opinions.  Mine.  Not anyone else's.

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone have a summary of the pattern requirements for
> pigments? For example, the gradient pattern as a pigment needs at
> least 2 colors as a color_map.

All of the patterns are documented in the POV-Ray manual...could you be
more specific about how this falls short?

--
Christopher James Huff

<><