POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Grass on height fields? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:03:35 EDT (-0400)
  Grass on height fields? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Subject: Grass on height fields?
Date: 23 Aug 2000 20:51:44
Message: <39A47238.8C87B6CD@unforgettable.com>
Some time back, Mick Hazelgrove was posting a bunch of images (in the
images NG, of course) with grass on height fields. I'm looking to do
something similar, but reading through those posts and looking at
Gilles' grass macro, I can't fathom how he got it to follow the contours
of the HF.

Could anyone out there lend me a clue? I wouldn't even know where to
start experimenting with this...

-Xplo

Post a reply to this message

This is quite easy with the trace() function.  Given a starting point and a
direction vector, the function will shot a ray towards a pre-declared
object.  It then returns the coordinates of where that ray converged with
the object.  This is an unofficial feature so you'll need MegaPOV of course.

-Chris-

Xplo Eristotle <inq### [at] unforgettablecom> wrote in message
> Some time back, Mick Hazelgrove was posting a bunch of images (in the
> images NG, of course) with grass on height fields. I'm looking to do
> something similar, but reading through those posts and looking at
> Gilles' grass macro, I can't fathom how he got it to follow the contours
> of the HF.
>
> Could anyone out there lend me a clue? I wouldn't even know where to
> start experimenting with this...
>
> -Xplo

Post a reply to this message