POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : light-emitting objects Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:00:53 EDT (-0400)
  light-emitting objects (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jens Strohmeyer
Subject: light-emitting objects
Date: 22 Aug 2000 00:45:56
Message: <39A205A2.7F6764@tu-bs.de>
Hello again (Ken?) !
How do i make objects look like they are emitting colored light,
for example LED's ?  My object has the T_Ruby_Glass texture
and I want it to shine bright in the same red color (of course).

This will be used for position lights on aircraft (work in progress,
will be posted in "povray.images" soon).
Hope you now can roughly imagine what I need !
(Same in green color, too, of course...)

Thanks ! - Jens

Post a reply to this message

> How do i make objects look like they are emitting colored light,
> for example LED's ?  My object has the T_Ruby_Glass texture
> and I want it to shine bright in the same red color (of course).

No problem -
http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ/languageVFAQ.html#brightobjects

> > How do i make objects look like they are emitting colored light,
> > for example LED's ?  My object has the T_Ruby_Glass texture
> > and I want it to shine bright in the same red color (of course).
>
> No problem -
> http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/povVFAQ/languageVFAQ.html#brightobjects
>
> --
> Ken Tyler - 1400+ POV-Ray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

Thanks again, Ken !  :o)
Great help !
Best regards,
Jens