POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : virtual reality Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  virtual reality (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Abe Heckenbach
Subject: virtual reality
Date: 12 Aug 2000 21:54:37
Message: <3996047F.79868172@vrml.k12.la.us>
Hey all,

what is up?? My name is Abe Heckenbach, and I am a newbie to these
newsgroups.
I have only recently(past 3 months) gotten into ray tracing, and I think
is is
awesome(Who doesn't??). I am particularly interested in real-time ray
tracing
for the purpose of virtual reality.  Seems impossible... I know, but
maybe its
not, hardware is getting faster every day, and I'm sure there are
software
speed-ups that haven't been figured out yet(in fact I have a few ideas
myself!)

I'm interested in joining the POV-team to discuss ray tracing
techniques, and
help develop povray(I'm kinda new the C programming also, but I catch on
quick,
actually my first C program was a ray tracer to test one of my ideas,
but I
have been programming other languages for years, like java(and before
that
perl,basic,unix shell scripts,ect.))

I would like to start a group, website and corresponding newsgroup, to
discuss
virtual reality, (everything necessary to a finished VRE Setup(hardware
and
software requirements), but completely from a theoretical point of view)
If anyone is willing to host something like that let me know. If anyone
is
interested in any of this let me know, I would like to discuss it with
people).

Later,
    Abe H.
    abe### [at] vrmlk12laus