POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV lighting model Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:30:17 EDT (-0400)
  POV lighting model (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: David Fontaine
Subject: POV lighting model
Date: 9 Aug 2000 15:22:47
Message: <3991AD8D.FC708FA3@faricy.net>
It seems that "ambient_light" in the global_settings defaults to 1 and
serves as multiplier for objects' ambient value. This seems backwards to
me; In my mind an objects' ambient value is light that object actually
emits, because it is always the same regardless of light sources, and
that global ambient light would factor into the diffuse value because it
is still outside light reflecting from the object (ex. atmospheric
diffusion). Is there any particular reason for the lighting model? I'm
not saying change it, though, because then all the old scenes would
render different.

--
David Fontaine     <dav### [at] faricynet>     ICQ 55354965
Please visit my website: http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/

Post a reply to this message