POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fire...Fire... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Fire...Fire... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Michael Soda
Subject: Fire...Fire...
Date: 19 Jul 2000 22:56:42
Message: <39766B00.9C23B225@erols.com>
I need help raytracing a torch.

Anyone have any clues on where to begin looking for help/tips/totorials?

Post a reply to this message

From: ryan constantine
Subject: Re: Fire...Fire...
Date: 20 Jul 2000 04:30:10
Message: <3976B50C.4226A25F@yahoo.com>
sorry, the only thing i know about torches is that they were made of
many different materials, and usually dipped in something that would
burn slowly.  i have seen in the raiders of the lost ark torches made of
hollow grass or reeds or something.  there are probably a lot of movies
with thorches in them for reference.  as for doing it in pov, you are on
your own.