POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Normal Radiocity settings? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Normal Radiocity settings? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Thomas Lake
Subject: Normal Radiocity settings?
Date: 13 Jul 2000 02:14:51
Message: <396D5ED0.C1CE3CFD@home.com>
I model all my images in Moray, well ok I've done a few in native pov
code but 98% is moray so I'm a little rusty with pov coding. These are
the settings for radiocity in Moray, in some scenes it makes a lot of
difference when I turn it on, in others I hardly notice it, except for
the render time:-). Which of these settings is most key to radiocity in
scenes? Also if anyone could give me a simple but informative
explanation of what each setting does I would really appreciate it. PS:
It may sound like I'm a newbie from this post but I'm not.

Brightness: 3.3
Count: 100
Distance Maximum: 0.0
Error Bound: 0.4
Gray Threshold: 0.5
Low Error Factor: 0.8
Minimum Reuse: 0.015
Nearest Count: 6
Recursion Limit: 1

I'm not positive these are the same terms Pov-Ray uses, I've noticed
some small syntax differences in Moray before.

--
Come visit my web site:-) : http://www.geocities.com/~thomaslake/

Post a reply to this message