POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help on generating realistic skies Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Help on generating realistic skies (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
Subject: Help on generating realistic skies
Date: 3 Jul 2000 15:47:18
Message: <3960edc6$1@news.povray.org>
Hello!

I wonder how to render realistic skies and oceans like the ones in Terragen.
Is there any good includes available or is there any plug ins for moray,
etc. With a converter-plugin for Terragen you can export the heightfield to
Pov-format, but it would be nice to be able to generate nice skies, waters,
etc., as well.

Jonas.

Post a reply to this message

> I wonder how to render realistic skies and oceans like the ones in
Terragen.
> Is there any good includes available or is there any plug ins for moray,
> etc. With a converter-plugin for Terragen you can export the heightfield
> Pov-format, but it would be nice to be able to generate nice skies,
waters,
> etc., as well.

There are good tutorials on skies and water at:
http://free.prohosting.com/~olana/povray/povray.html
The water tutorial is a bit out of date (pre-media), but the sky tutorial
should be help.

There have some nice skies and water posted in images recently as well.

Post a reply to this message

> There are good tutorials on skies and water at:
> http://free.prohosting.com/~olana/povray/povray.html
> The water tutorial is a bit out of date (pre-media), but the sky tutorial
> should be help.

Maybe this will help
http://free.prohosting.com/~olana/povray/mediawater/mediawater.html

:-)