POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : patches vs. meshes Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  patches vs. meshes (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: ryan constantine
Subject: patches vs. meshes
Date: 30 Jun 2000 00:06:29
Message: <395C1C28.34735E7@yahoo.com>
i redid my xwing fuselage and exported from spatch as a patch and now it
takes several minutes to render (parse is about 2 secs, pov file is
about 500k), where before i used two solid meshes and it took exactly 1
min to render (parse 11 secs, pov file miniscule, mesh incs 2.5 MB
each).  so what is up with that?  is there a way to just change the
patches?  but are patches cleaner looking?

Post a reply to this message