POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fire and water simulation Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Fire and water simulation (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
Subject: Fire and water simulation
Date: 25 Jun 2000 11:54:07
Message: <39562b1f@news.povray.org>
Hello!

I wonder how to make a realistic animation of fire in povray. I intend to do
a fire like a torch. I also wonder if anyone know how to do a realistic
fountain of upward-flowing water?

Greatful for answer.

Urano

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Re: Fire and water simulation
Date: 25 Jun 2000 12:02:56
Message: <39562d30@news.povray.org>

| I wonder how to make a realistic animation of fire in povray. I intend to do
| a fire like a torch. I also wonder if anyone know how to do a realistic
| fountain of upward-flowing water?

"realistic" just isn't easy.  First of all, the water could be done very well
using Chris Colefax's Spray.inc which can be found at:
http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax/
The fire thing is something people approach differently imo.  I have a torch
flame for example but it isn't great and far from very realistic but that's
mostly because it's a subjective thing.  Fire can look various ways irl to
begin with.
But anyhow, the way I made the torch flame was to use a cylindrical media
which translated upward using clock.

Bob

Post a reply to this message