POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : df3Maker and df3Viewer Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  df3Maker and df3Viewer (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Mark James Lewin
Subject: df3Maker and df3Viewer
Date: 21 Jun 2000 18:37:29
Message: <39514181.E614CB3F@yahoo.com.au>
Hello all,
             I have made a little program for windows that will convert
comma delimited ASCII files into df3 files. I have also made a very
simple df3 viewer which lets you view xy layers of a df3 file.
            The programs aren't fantastic (I'm sure someone else could
do much better), but after my own frustrations trying to find something
that would do this, I've put them on the web as freeware at
http://www.geocities.com/m_j_lewin/index.html for anyone who is
interested.

MJL

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 08:28:17 +1000, Mark James Lewin
<m_j### [at] yahoocomau> wrote:

>Hello all,
>             I have made a little program for windows that will convert
>comma delimited ASCII files into df3 files. I have also made a very
>simple df3 viewer which lets you view xy layers of a df3 file.
>            The programs aren't fantastic (I'm sure someone else could
>do much better), but after my own frustrations trying to find something
>that would do this, I've put them on the web as freeware at
>http://www.geocities.com/m_j_lewin/index.html for anyone who is
>interested.

No offense but aren't they a big, err, bloated for what they do? Can
you build a version without all the MFCs or commctrls or whatever MSVC
(or VB?) uses to bloat programs?

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 08:28:17 +1000, Mark James Lewin
> <m_j### [at] yahoocomau> wrote:
>
> >Hello all,
> >             I have made a little program for windows that will convert
> >comma delimited ASCII files into df3 files. I have also made a very
> >simple df3 viewer which lets you view xy layers of a df3 file.
> >            The programs aren't fantastic (I'm sure someone else could
> >do much better), but after my own frustrations trying to find something
> >that would do this, I've put them on the web as freeware at
> >http://www.geocities.com/m_j_lewin/index.html for anyone who is
> >interested.
>
> No offense but aren't they a big, err, bloated for what they do? Can
> you build a version without all the MFCs or commctrls or whatever MSVC
> (or VB?) uses to bloat programs?

From the screen-shots it seems they were built using MSVBasic (see the
window icons - telltale signs of VB)
I may be able to convert them to C++ - non-MFC next week

Pabs

Post a reply to this message

I know they're not as small as they could be, but they do the job for me. If
you need any files from me, I'd be more than happy to send them your way (I
wrote them in Visual Basic 5).

MJL

Pabs wrote:

> From the screen-shots it seems they were built using MSVBasic (see the
> window icons - telltale signs of VB)
> I may be able to convert them to C++ - non-MFC next week
>
> Pabs

Post a reply to this message