POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray site suggestion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray site suggestion (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Rune
Subject: POV-Ray site suggestion
Date: 20 Jun 2000 02:06:27
Message: <394f09e3@news.povray.org>
There is some problem with the current design of the POV-Ray website which
causes it to be too wide on some screen resolutions and too narrow on others
(according to what I've heard).

I have made a test page where I have tried to fix this.

I'm using Internet Explorer 5, and a 800x600 screen, and the page I've made
works better for me.

Other's who had problems: Is this page better?

Those who didn't have problems: Do you have problems when viewing this page?

The page is at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/temp/povraytest.htm

Greetings,

Rune

--
Updated June 12: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
3D images, include files, stereograms, tutorials,

Post a reply to this message

> There is some problem with the current design of the POV-Ray website which
> causes it to be too wide on some screen resolutions and too narrow on others
> (according to what I've heard).
>
> I have made a test page where I have tried to fix this.
>
> I'm using Internet Explorer 5, and a 800x600 screen, and the page I've made
> works better for me.
>
> Other's who had problems: Is this page better?
>
> Those who didn't have problems: Do you have problems when viewing this page?
>
> The page is at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/temp/povraytest.htm

I am in a position to be able to test Netscape & M$ IE5 at multiple res
640x480-1280x1024
Tell me if I should test any other combinations

Using Netscape 4.7
I'm at 1024x768 and
1. I need to scroll horizontally to see the foot of the girl.
2. There is way too much space between the nav bar and text and between the girl
and text
At 800x600 the same thing except less space & more scrolling
At 1152x864 no scrolling req'd but space between cols is too much
- perhaps you could widen the middle col
Compared to povray.org - frankly I prefer povray.org - bit less extra space & no
scrolling

Using IE5
800x600
Perfect - maybe 1.5-2 times the space between cols would be good
1024x768
Same spacing issue
1152x864
again - spacing :-) so I'm picky - just looks too close to me
Even when not maximised it is good - nice work
Compared to povray.org - hugely extremely much better

Pabs

Post a reply to this message

> There is some problem with the current design of the POV-Ray website which
> causes it to be too wide on some screen resolutions and too narrow on others
> (according to what I've heard).
>
> I have made a test page where I have tried to fix this.
>
> I'm using Internet Explorer 5, and a 800x600 screen, and the page I've made
> works better for me.
>
> Other's who had problems: Is this page better?
>
> Those who didn't have problems: Do you have problems when viewing this page?

I'm using Netscape 4.73 and a resoltution of 1280x1024. I can see
anything without scrolling, but the spaces between the menu, the text
and the girl are to big. Isn't it possible that the text spreads itself
over the free space in the middle? Perhaps by also making the font a
slightly bigger, which is very nice when running high resolutions. I
think this shouldn't be too hard when using java.

Remco Poelstra

Post a reply to this message