POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Push-Ball v1.0 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:37:07 EDT (-0400)
  Push-Ball v1.0 (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Rune
Subject: Push-Ball v1.0
Date: 9 Jun 2000 20:18:12
Message: <39418944@news.povray.org>
Push-Ball v1.0 is out now.

I've improved the graphical design, and commented all the files the best I
could.
Hope you'll enjoy it!

If anybody are interested in making their own bots, I can arrange a match
where they can compete against each other... How to make your own bot is
explained (to some extent) in the Push-Ball package.

You can download the package from povray.binaries.scene-files

You can see an example image in povray.binaries.images

You can see a sample animation in povray.binaries.animations

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,

"Rune" <run### [at] inamecom> wrote in message

> Push-Ball v1.0 is out now.
>
> I've improved the graphical design, and commented
> all the files the best I could.  Hope you'll enjoy it!
>
> If anybody are interested in making their own bots, I
> can arrange a match where they can compete against
> each other... How to make your own bot is explained
> (to some extent) in the Push-Ball package.
>
> You can download the package from
> povray.binaries.scene-files
>
> You can see an example image in
> povray.binaries.images
>
> You can see a sample animation in
> povray.binaries.animations
>
> Greetings,
>
> Rune

I skipped over this message the first time thru, but just now stumbled
across the Push-Ball animation in p.b.a.  Very interesting concept... I'm
surprised the POV community hasn't jumped all over this.  I wasn't sure what
the balls were doing at first (didn't see the thrust source).  I thought
maybe it was magnetic or something.  I look forward to reading thru the code
and designing a bot.

Eric
http://www.datasync.com/~ericfree
"I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it."
- Erwin Schrodinger talking about Quantum Mechanics.

Post a reply to this message