POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : codec for fractal movie Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:42:07 EDT (-0400)
  codec for fractal movie (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
Subject: codec for fractal movie
Date: 8 Jun 2000 15:25:58
Message: <393ff346@news.povray.org>
Hello!

I have made a program for generating high quality mandel or julia movies,
with variable zoom and some other parameters. It outputs an uncompressed
avi, and I want to produce a compressed 352x288 PAL-video-CD mpeg-movie and
burn it on a CD. I get into povrays page
http://www.povray.org/links/3D_Animation_Utilities/ where links to several
codecs where available. Have anyone a suggestion for a good codec that
compresses an intricat fractal sequence, without this "clouds" that normally
occurs when compressing an ordinary movie? I know that mpeg originally was
designed for natural films, but there must be a good codec that is optimized
for computer anumations and fractals also. Very greatful for an answer.

Sincerely,
Jonas.