POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : possible isosurface bug Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:43:30 EDT (-0400)
  possible isosurface bug (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bob Hughes
Subject: possible isosurface bug
Date: 7 Jun 2000 15:13:58
Message: <393e9ef6@news.povray.org>
Hate to think it could really be one but I can't remedy away a strange
boundary along the contact of a isosurface (islands) and regular box (water).
Images, as well as some description, can be seen at p.b.i. subject:
isosurfaced islands and shoreline problem.
I can only hope I'm wrong about it being a true big and instead turn out to be
something curable through isosurface settings.
To sum it up, an isosurface (having noise3d() if that could be partly to
blame) which is embedded into a box with a filtered pigment shows a boundary
line along the intersection of the two objects.
Oh, and in WinMegaPov 0.5a.  Almost forgot to mention that.

Bob
--
omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm

Post a reply to this message

I got the same problem when I tried intersecting an isosurface and transparent box
with ior. The isosurface was using noise3d, by the way. I haven't tried it without
the noise3d yet.

Bob Hughes wrote:

> Hate to think it could really be one but I can't remedy away a strange
> boundary along the contact of a isosurface (islands) and regular box (water).
> Images, as well as some description, can be seen at p.b.i. subject:
> isosurfaced islands and shoreline problem.
> I can only hope I'm wrong about it being a true big and instead turn out to be
> something curable through isosurface settings.
> To sum it up, an isosurface (having noise3d() if that could be partly to
> blame) which is embedded into a box with a filtered pigment shows a boundary
> line along the intersection of the two objects.
> Oh, and in WinMegaPov 0.5a.  Almost forgot to mention that.
>
> Bob
> --
> omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm

--