POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Degenerate triangles. Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:40:43 EDT (-0400)
  Degenerate triangles. (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Simen Kvaal
Subject: Degenerate triangles.
Date: 4 Jun 2000 07:28:23
Message: <393a3d57$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

Short:
I wondered wether anyone know how to quickly delete degenerate triangles [I
assume that means triangles with two or more coincident vertices.] from an
.inc-file?

Long:
I've made a model in LightWave and converted it with 3d23d into a fine union
{} of smooth_triangles for use with Povray. The trouble is, that it's
several degenerate triangles in the #include file. Well, the scene seems to
render fine, but it takes a few seconds more to parse the zillion triangles,
and I'd be more confident in my scene if the degenerate triangles were not
there. Of course, I could re-model the whole thing, but that wouldn't be
much fun, as I'm quite satisfied alredy.

Does Povray remove the degenerate triangles by itself, or are the triangles
actually allocated as objects in the scene?

Perhaps someone has made a small utility to remove those nasty triangles
from a scene-file?

TIA.

Regards,
Simen Kvaal.

---
Message sent by:
Simen Kvaal. (Student at Univesity of Oslo, Norway,
Faculty of mathematics and natural sciences.)

email: sim### [at] studentmatnatuiono
webpage: http://www.uio.no/~simenkv/

Post a reply to this message