POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wobble help needed... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:41:37 EDT (-0400)
  Wobble help needed... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Subject: Wobble help needed...
Date: 3 Jun 2000 19:12:05
Message: <393990D6.94B7FA99@unforgettable.com>
I'm trying to create an animation where an object "wobbles" like a
failing top; specifically, the object is centered on the origin, and
rotates as though it had a handle extending along the z axis which was
being held at the far end and moved through a circle that lies parallel
to the xy plane.

I've tried to figure out the sort of variable rotation that would
describe this, but it escapes me. Going with the "handle" paradigm, I
had a look at the dox for vtransform, but that didn't give me any ideas either.

Can anyone help?

--
Xplo Eristotle
http://start.at/xplosion/

"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun"
    -Pink Floyd

Post a reply to this message