POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Include files I'd like to see... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:40:25 EDT (-0400)
  Include files I'd like to see... (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Doug Eichenberg
Subject: Include files I'd like to see...
Date: 2 Jun 2000 23:43:11
Message: <39387ecf@news.povray.org>
HUMAN_BEING.INC:  Admittedly a pipe-dream, but wouldn't it be cool?  It
could have variables for sex, height, weight, hair and eye color, race, age,
etc.

FLOWERS.INC:  This might actually exist and I just haven't run across it.
I've seen many for trees/bushes, and plenty of  *software* for flowers, but
are there any POV include files?

WATER.INC:  Again, it may exist.  There's lots of code to create water, but
I've never seen an include file.  Variables might include visibility (how
dirty is it?), surface calmness/wave size/wave frequency, foam, algae, etc.

I'm sure there are others I could mention, but these are just off the top of
my head.

-Doug Eichenberg

Post a reply to this message

Nobody has answered this... Strange. They must have unplugged Ken Tyler :-)

Doug Eichenberg wrote:

> HUMAN_BEING.INC:  Admittedly a pipe-dream, but wouldn't it be cool?  It
> could have variables for sex, height, weight, hair and eye color, race, age,
> etc.

Blobman.inc from Peter Houston is what you're looking for.
http://welcome.to/HoustonGraphics
This link doesn't work now, though.
(if you want more realism, there's Poser but it's commercial).

> FLOWERS.INC:  This might actually exist and I just haven't run across it.
> I've seen many for trees/bushes, and plenty of  *software* for flowers, but
> are there any POV include files?

It seems that Andrew Clinton tree macro supports trees in bloom.
http://povplace.addr.com/files/ so that there is a flower code in there.
A flower macro project could be a very nice one, IMHO.

> WATER.INC:  Again, it may exist.  There's lots of code to create water, but
> I've never seen an include file.  Variables might include visibility (how
> dirty is it?), surface calmness/wave size/wave frequency, foam, algae, etc.

This one may be more difficult. No one has come up with a POV water simulation
suitable in all contexts. The POV waters I've seen so far use a wide range of
techniques : simple plane-with-normal, height fields, isosurfaces, meshes,
media. Apart the simple plane situation (good for calm waters), all these were
only suitable in the particular context of the picture they were used in. I'm
afraid that water raises technical problems not solvable in pov-script (until a
programming genious hard-codes a Water object, perhaps along the lines of the
ridged multifractal already in Megapov).

G.

Post a reply to this message

> Nobody has answered this... Strange. They must have unplugged Ken Tyler :-)

I have been sick with a bad case of real life lately. I hope to be
over it soon...

> I have been sick with a bad case of real life lately. I hope to be
> over it soon...

They say real life is fatal.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee

| > Nobody has answered this... Strange. They must have unplugged Ken Tyler
:-)

| I have been sick with a bad case of real life lately. I hope to be
| over it soon...

I've heard it said you can never quite get over life completely :-)
Hope all will be well nonetheless.

Bob

Post a reply to this message