POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: MegaPOVRay v0.4 For OpenVMS Announcing Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: MegaPOVRay v0.4 For OpenVMS Announcing (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: MegaPOVRay v0.4 For OpenVMS Announcing
Date: 4 Apr 2000 14:39:03
Message: <38ea36c7$1@news.povray.org>
Next time you may not want to put a whole copy of the message body in the
subject line...

Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 12:51:54 -0500
From: Robert Alan Byer <bye### [at] mailourserversnet>
Newsgroups:
povray.unofficial.patches,povray.unix,povray.programming,povray.general
Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: MegaPOVRay v0.4 For OpenVMS
 Announcing MegaPOVRay v0.4 for OpenVMS.

 MegaPOVRay, also known as "patched POVRay" and "superpatch" contains alot
 of new features and patches that will eventually wind up in the next
 "officical" version of POVRay.

 Currently, the only drawbacks with MegaPOV under OpenVMS is that the
 "fast macro" code and the "macro" code is still very bug ridden so use at
 your own risk.  Also, radiosity and photons only work on Alpha platforms
 and not VAX due to the fact that the VAX DEC C compiler does not have an
 IEEE FLOAT mode which is required.

 You can find all the information and necessary files for MegaPOV for
 OpenVMS at.

         http://www.ourservers.net/openvms_ports/

 If you have any problems, bug reports, suggestions please send me an e-mail
 and I will see what I can do.

[...]

povray.programming:4313 povray.general:20243

Post a reply to this message

> Next time you may not want to put a whole copy of the message body in the
> subject line...

> Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 12:51:54 -0500
> From: Robert Alan Byer <bye### [at] mailourserversnet>
> Newsgroups:
> povray.unofficial.patches,povray.unix,povray.programming,povray.general
> Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: MegaPOVRay v0.4 For OpenVMS
>  Announcing MegaPOVRay v0.4 for OpenVMS.
>
>  MegaPOVRay, also known as "patched POVRay" and "superpatch" contains alot
>  of new features and patches that will eventually wind up in the next
>  "officical" version of POVRay.
>
>  Currently, the only drawbacks with MegaPOV under OpenVMS is that the
>  "fast macro" code and the "macro" code is still very bug ridden so use at
>  your own risk.  Also, radiosity and photons only work on Alpha platforms
>  and not VAX due to the fact that the VAX DEC C compiler does not have an
>  IEEE FLOAT mode which is required.
>
>  You can find all the information and necessary files for MegaPOV for
>  OpenVMS at.
>
>          http://www.ourservers.net/openvms_ports/
>
>  If you have any problems, bug reports, suggestions please send me an e-mail
>  and I will see what I can do.
>
>  Announcing MegaPOVRay v0.4 for OpenVMS.
>
>  MegaPOVRay, also known as "patched POVRay" and "superpatch" contains alot
>  of new features and patches that will eventually wind up in the next
>  "officical" version of POVRay.
>
>  Currently, the only drawbacks with MegaPOV under OpenVMS is that the
>  "fast macro" code and the "macro" code is still very bug ridden so use at
>  your own risk.  Also, radiosity and photons only work on Alpha platforms
>  and not VAX due to the fact that the VAX DEC C compiler does not have an
>  IEEE FLOAT mode which is required.
>
>  You can find all the information and necessary files for MegaPOV for
>  OpenVMS at.
>
>          http://www.ourservers.net/openvms_ports/
>
>  If you have any problems, bug reports, suggestions please send me an e-mail
>  and I will see what I can do.
>
>  Announcing MegaPOVRay v0.4 for OpenVMS.
>
>  MegaPOVRay, also known as "patched POVRay" and "superpatch" contains alot
>  of new features and patches that will eventually wind up in the next
>  "officical" version of POVRay.
>
>  Currently, the only drawbacks with MegaPOV under OpenVMS is that the

Damm Netscape really goofed the post for some reason and I'm trying to
track down how it happened as my other posts didn't do this.

I'll repost.

--

 | Robert Alan Byer         | "I don't want to take over the world,  |