POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 'The time has come,' the walrus said, . . . Server Time
10 Aug 2024 07:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  'The time has come,' the walrus said, . . . (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mike Metheny
Subject: 'The time has come,' the walrus said, . . .
Date: 25 Feb 2000 04:38:48
Message: <38b64da8@news.povray.org>
. . .

'To talk of many things:
Of shoes-- and ships-- and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages-- and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings.'

So anyway.  Sorry about the non-descriptive post title.  I've been gone from
these groups for a long time, but am finally coming back to POV.  I'm
designing an image for personal gratification, and am looking for a model of
a pirate ship of some kind.  What I plan on doing is putting a ship in a
bottle.  If anyone has something like this I can use; or knows where I might
find such things; I would very much appreciate it.  I think that modelling
such a ship would indeed be beyond my talents right now.  Thanks!

--

Mike Metheny
lon### [at] vtedu

"When one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent."

Post a reply to this message

>What I plan on doing is putting a ship in a
> bottle.  If anyone has something like this I can use; or knows where I might
> find such things; I would very much appreciate it.  I think that modelling
> such a ship would indeed be beyond my talents right now.  Thanks!

I'll suggest you to look at the IRTC "Water" and "LandMarks" rounds,
which have several ships; look also at the Nathan O'Brien "elements"
entry.

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message

> So anyway.  Sorry about the non-descriptive post title.  I've been gone from
> these groups for a long time, but am finally coming back to POV.  I'm
> designing an image for personal gratification, and am looking for a model of
> a pirate ship of some kind.  What I plan on doing is putting a ship in a
> bottle.  If anyone has something like this I can use; or knows where I might
> find such things; I would very much appreciate it.  I think that modelling
> such a ship would indeed be beyond my talents right now.  Thanks!

My Black Seas Barrauda, if you have enough memory and don't mind big sloppy POV
files!

--
 | \     |_                 <dav### [at] faricynet> <ICQ 55354965>
 |_/avid |ontaine               http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come" -Beatles