POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Syntax errors rendering Povray demo files Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  Syntax errors rendering Povray demo files (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Filiep Geeraert
Subject: Syntax errors rendering Povray demo files
Date: 16 Apr 2000 08:31:40
Message: <38F9B2CA.604C3A04@poboxes.com>
I get syntax errors rendering the default POVRay files.
Why is this ?
Take matches.pov.
In this section it gives me a syntax error:

// Some haze to make the flame light sources glow
#declare Atmosphere1 = atmosphere {
    type 4
    samples 30
    distance 500
    scattering 0.1
    aa_level 8
    aa_threshold 0.1
    jitter 0.1
}

The error accors in the #declare line at the atsmosphere { point.

It gives me an error "Cannot assign uninitialized identifier"
I am using Povray 3.1.g.watcom.win32 (Pentium II optimized) version.
I do not understand why the default demos would not work with POVRay.

Can anyone help me with this beginners question ?

I 'd really like to print them in full colour on photo paper (PS 1000).
Some POV files work (Pacman and Pawns are great !!!).

Post a reply to this message