POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Import of 3d-cad-data Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Import of 3d-cad-data (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: chris
Subject: Import of 3d-cad-data
Date: 9 Apr 2000 07:40:10
Message: <38F06C16.F23789E8@yahoo.com>
Why isn't there a possibility to import 3d-cad-data (surfaces and(or
solids) into povray with typical cad-formats like step, iges, vda, sat,
parasolids ?

chris

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Import of 3d-cad-data
Date: 9 Apr 2000 08:06:58
Message: <38F07289.2988A6EE@pacbell.net>
chris wrote:

> Why isn't there a possibility to import 3d-cad-data (surfaces and(or
> solids) into povray with typical cad-formats like step, iges, vda, sat,
> parasolids ?
>
> chris

It is possible if you are willing to write a conversion program :)

About the only conversion program that I know of that might do this
is polytrans but it ain't cheap http://www.okino.com/conv/conv.htm