POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : REPOST Announcement: MegaPOVRay v0.4 For OpenVMS... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:28:48 EDT (-0400)
  REPOST Announcement: MegaPOVRay v0.4 For OpenVMS... (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Robert Alan Byer
Subject: REPOST Announcement: MegaPOVRay v0.4 For OpenVMS...
Date: 4 Apr 2000 16:41:11
Message: <38EA0D17.6A444F16@mail.ourservers.net>
Since Netscape v3.03 for OpenVMS some reason muffed up my last post,
here it is again...

Announcing MegaPOVRay v0.4 for OpenVMS.

MegaPOVRay, also known as "patched POVRay" and "superpatch" contains
alot
of new features and patches that will eventually wind up in the next
"officical" version of POVRay.

Currently, the only drawbacks with MegaPOV under OpenVMS is that the
"fast macro" code and the "macro" code is still very bug ridden so use
at
your own risk.  Also, radiosity and photons only work on Alpha platforms
and not VAX due to the fact that the VAX DEC C compiler does not have an
IEEE FLOAT mode which is required.

This is still in beta mode and I don't think everything has been worked
out
for the VAX side, but the Alpha side is pretty stable.

You can find all the information and necessary files for MegaPOV for
OpenVMS at.

        http://www.ourservers.net/openvms_ports/

If you have any problems, bug reports, suggestions please send me an
e-mail
and I will see what I can do.

--

 | Robert Alan Byer         | "I don't want to take over the world,  |