POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Adventure Game Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:11:13 EDT (-0400)
  Adventure Game (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Fabian BRAU
Subject: Adventure Game
Date: 16 Feb 2000 07:14:16
Message: <38AA9499.375387CE@umh.ac.be>
Hello All,

This message will not talk about Pov-Ray directly but will talk about
use of Pov-Ray.
I am a Myst/Riven fan, I played first to Myst on March 1999, after this
I played Riven. The major lack of this kind of game is that when it's
finished, it's really finished! So I began to write my own scenario
without thinking to make more, just the pleasure to "create" some world
(yep, one finds its pleasure where he can :)). One day I saw a game in
Java and I thought that I will do my own game. Few time after I
discovered Pov-Ray, Wow! I thought I will be able to make what I want :
an adventure game.
All has begun the 1 Juin 99. So I needed to master more or less 20
softwares to be able to make a game (Soft for 3D rendering/modelling,
Soft for 2D images/textures, Soft for animation, Soft for music,
Programming (I knew only basic and fortran) and many small tools). Now,
the software are mastered, the scenario is finished as well the design
(on paper).
Now begins the modelling/texturing part of the job (the more long part).
The game will not be finish before 2 or 2.5 years! So here is the
purpose of this message:

If this interest you, you can participate in two way:

1) As Contributor: you will make some objects (1 or more) for the game.
2) As Collaborator : you will be more involved in the game development,
                     you can influence more the game design (but you
                     will work more :)).

Contribution can be done for modelling/texturing (Povray/Moray), for
music composition (midi/wav/mp3 files) and sound effect creation
(wav/mp3 files).

One can say: what I win with this? It depends what you do :). For more
details just email me.

Thanks in reading me,

Sorry for boring you!

Fabian.

Post a reply to this message

That is exactly why I am building my museum.
Brendan Ryan