POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can this be done with MegaPOV? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Can this be done with MegaPOV? (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Subject: Can this be done with MegaPOV?
Date: 24 Jan 2000 08:41:29
Message: <388d5600.20303094@194.174.214.110>
Hi POV-gurus,

A Moray user asked me whether it was possible to create the following
effect:

he wants to create a scene with a floor and a number of reflecting
objects. The objects should not reflect the floor, however, they
should only reflect each other. Is this at all possible? I pretty much
assume it's impossible with the official 3.1, so I'm wondering whether
MegaPOV or SuperPatch or any other patches would allow this.

Thanks,

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:41:29 GMT, Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:
>Hi POV-gurus,
>
>A Moray user asked me whether it was possible to create the following
>effect:
>
>he wants to create a scene with a floor and a number of reflecting
>objects. The objects should not reflect the floor, however, they
>should only reflect each other. Is this at all possible? I pretty much
>assume it's impossible with the official 3.1, so I'm wondering whether
>MegaPOV or SuperPatch or any other patches would allow this.

What about shadows?

If you make the floor bounded_by a miniscule sphere around the camera,
it will work for most camera angles.  If they need shadows of the spheres
on the floor as well, they'll need to bound by a union of miniscule
spheres around the camera and each light source.