POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any chance of an interface to lightflow library Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Any chance of an interface to lightflow library (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Paul Brown
Subject: Any chance of an interface to lightflow library
Date: 21 Jan 2000 13:52:14
Message: <3888aade@news.povray.org>
Any chance of the next version of POV including support for Jacopo
Pantaleoni 's lightflow library. www.lightflowtech.com?
This package is amazing. Just think what could be done if this were
integrated with POV.
(It would save me having to learn Python for a start!)

Check out some of the features ( www.lightflow.com/innovation/html)

Originally found this in "Uncle Kens Links" (where else) and subscribed to
the mailing list.

Just got this today (see below).

Any chance of this in the next official version?
Paul Brown

                           LIGHTFLOW NEWS

Dear User,

The Lightflow Rendering Tools have been updated to version 1.5.

With this release, Lightflow Technologies brings ahead its software
distribution politics, and makes ALL of its products freely available
for non commercial uses. This means that previously locked features,
such as unlimited resolution, multithreading support, and
post-processing filters are now available to everyone!

In particular, the main novelty is the availability of the
Client Side API, the C++ API of the Lightflow Rendering Tools.
This software is especially meant for plugin developers who want to
link Lightflow to other modeling and animation packages, accessing
all of its features directly from the C++ Language.

The Client Side API, and the Python Module are now available in a unique
package that contains also the Lightflow Texture Tools, including lftdof,
for a fast 2.5D depth-of-field effect...

Enjoy Yourself!

                              CHANGES
* multithreading support (Debian Linux only, using pthreads)
  LINK TO DESCRIPTION:
  "default" interface documentation, variable "processors"

* highly reduced memory occupancy (up to 40%)

* the mesh-file: a binary file format for polygonal meshes
  LINK TO DESCRIPTION:
  "mesh" object documentation, variable "file"

* improved caustic switches
  LINK TO DESCRIPTION:
  "physical", "standard" and "generic" materials documentation

* Python Module renamed from lightflow to lightflowPM

Jacopo Pantaleoni                                   jp### [at] lightflowtechcom
Padova, Italy                                      www.lightflowtech.com
Computer Graphics Software Development and Research