POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : interface Robcad (Robfaceout) Povray ? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  interface Robcad (Robfaceout) Povray ? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: robcad-user
Subject: interface Robcad (Robfaceout) Povray ?
Date: 18 Jan 2000 05:12:35
Message: <38843C91.DC086F88@stud.uni-sb.de>
Hello.

I need an interface for the exchange of data from Robcad (if its
possible the Robfaceout) and povray. Is here somebody who has written
such a program or who can help me ?

Thanks Alex

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: interface Robcad (Robfaceout) Povray ?
Date: 18 Jan 2000 05:21:33
Message: <38843C82.E073531D@pacbell.net>
robcad-user wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I need an interface for the exchange of data from Robcad (if its
> possible the Robfaceout) and povray. Is here somebody who has written
> such a program or who can help me ?
>
> Thanks Alex

Does Robcad have any export capability ? Most cad programs can at least
export to .dxf and usualy other file formats. If it does not have any
export options you might try contacting Thomas Baier who has written
the 3DWin file conversion program. His program might already support
a format that can be converted. Thomas's home page is at the address
below and there is contact information available at the bottom of the
page.

http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/

> > I need an interface for the exchange of data from Robcad (if its
> > possible the Robfaceout) and povray. Is here somebody who has written
> > such a program or who can help me ?
> >
> > Thanks Alex
>
> Does Robcad have any export capability ? Most cad programs can at least
> export to .dxf and usualy other file formats. If it does not have any
> export options you might try contacting Thomas Baier who has written
> the 3DWin file conversion program. His program might already support
> a format that can be converted. Thomas's home page is at the address
> below and there is contact information available at the bottom of the
> page.
>
> http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier/
>
> --
> Ken Tyler -  1300+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

The Program can only export to robfaceout (.rf) file format.