POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Air Force 1, the movie Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Air Force 1, the movie (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Matt Giwer
Subject: Air Force 1, the movie
Date: 8 Jan 2000 05:05:34
Message: <3876633F.88BBE38A@ij.net>
I must have had it running a dozen times as
background noise (I hate silence -- ex-civil servant)
and for the first time saw its graphics. Everything of
real interest is CGI. But not good CGI but a preview of
the next generation of the same effects.

    It is mostly as bad as Star Wars the First but
shows all the signs of the potential for becoming an
order of magnitude better in the next movie.

    And if you don't mind my saying, this is the
interim step to "who needs actors?" movie. Don't just
have it on, watch it. All the Holllywood about renting
the plane and painting it is BS.

    The problems beyond rendering the fighters were the
20-30g turns they made. A modicum of realism please.

    Most of the scenes are above the clouds and I I
have rarely seen worse clouds here. Generically any
still would be below average on IRTC. Together they
make a $300M+ movie.

Post a reply to this message