POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : It's not a christmas card Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:26:38 EDT (-0400)
  It's not a christmas card (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Erick
Subject: It's not a christmas card
Date: 28 Dec 1999 17:20:08
Message: <38693798@news.povray.org>
Hello there,

Finally, I managed to finished my Season's greetings and send it of to a
copy shop. I stopped making X-mas cards years ago, because X-mas is too much
associated with the Church and commerce. Therefore, with the same benevolent
feelings towards my fellow humans, I make New Year's cards (although with
X-mas tree). This year it's the third one made with povray. I can send the
paper version (200 gram paper) just before New Year to all my relatives and
friends.

However, whoever reads this post can view my New Years card on my homepage
right now. Lucky you. The address is
http://home.planet.nl/~ejvermeulen/home.html and choose the link under
povray. I made the page just in fifteen minutes, so don't expect too much
from the lay-out.

I included some other files I made with pov-ray. At this moment, I should
thank all you guys and girls who have been a much appreciated help to me in
this newsgroup this past millennium. I have learned a lot from the various
questions and solutions posted here, and now and then managed to understand
and use some of the code supplied in the various povray newsgroups and at
websites. Thank you very much.

In the New Year's card I used a povray file I have been working on the past
half year, that should show the apartment where I hope to move to in April
or May. It's quite bare. However, should anyone be interested in seeing the
huge amount of inc files and the few items already placed (kitchen closets,
bath tub, 'the small room', couch, a simple television and computer), I will
be happy to send a 13 kilobyte zip file with the povray scene file and the
various include files.

Erick
ejv### [at] wxsnl

Post a reply to this message