POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature requests - aliased textures and glare Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Feature requests - aliased textures and glare (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Subject: Feature requests - aliased textures and glare
Date: 23 Dec 1999 18:27:34
Message: <3862B07C.78C1BE4B@unforgettable.com>
Dunno how feasible these are, but I thought I'd throw them out there for
curious coders to pick up...

1. Would it be possible to force textures to be aliased (say, with a
keyword) even while the rest of the image is being antialiased? This
would help with starfields, certain rock textures that need a "sharp"
look onscreen, etc.

2. It would be nice to be able to get some glare effects from areas
which are brighter (either on their own, or through
reflection/refraction/whatever) than RGB 1. I know that some
post-processing, or playing with lens flares, will produce this, but no
one likes post-processing, and lens flares have to be placed by hand.
Alternately, would it be possible to write some bright-spot-finding code
that would output coordinates to a file which could then be included in
the original model and used to place lens flares (or indeed, anything) automatically?

--
Xplo Eristotle
http://start.at/xplosion/

Post a reply to this message