POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Long time ago and far, far away Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Long time ago and far, far away (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Matt Giwer
Subject: Long time ago and far, far away
Date: 13 Dec 1999 03:29:15
Message: <3854D8A1.A1EC5563@ij.net>
Meaning really that I had other things to do for
five months and had a big blank save for a rare post or
three.

    But before then I brought up the 16x9 ratio rather
than the 4x3 ratio.

    I have been trying it and posting some results in
binaries.images an I more impressed than I thought I
would be with it.

    Note that 16x9 is 800x450 pixels and it meets IRTC
requirements.

    I posted to my friendly email group that even
though that ratio has been a standard goal for a bit
over ten years not one SF TV or movie has shown a
screen with that ratio.

    And after trying the new ratio I realized that
given my real CRT space subtracting all the bottom and
top lines I sort of find 16x0 is about what I see on
the screen.

    Given all that what is this 4x3 / 800x600 stuff?

    OK, here comes A.I. Ken. What did I say wrong? ;)

    If ou missed the SF reference, tune into Babelon 5
and look at their CRTs.

    ISN still sends in 4x3?