POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Background Image? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Background Image? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Gevatter tod
Subject: Background Image?
Date: 1 Dec 1999 05:51:24
Message: <3844FE00.35C1FE97@jpberlin.de>
Hi!

Is there any possibility to render images with a background image instead
of a background color?

Is there any patch for it?

Gevatter

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Background Image?
Date: 1 Dec 1999 06:21:06
Message: <38450426.EFE2C6E1@pacbell.net>
Gev### [at] jpberlinde wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there any possibility to render images with a background image instead
> of a background color?
>
> Is there any patch for it?
>
> Gevatter

You could simply add a plane with an image map attached to it.
It is also possible to use an image map with the sky_sphere
but it is distorted by the shape of the feature.