POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Translate a point Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Translate a point (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Bill DeWitt
Subject: Translate a point
Date: 30 Nov 1999 08:52:25
Message: <3843d699@news.povray.org>
I thought I knew how to do this once, but now I can't even find the keyword
I want. I have a point:
#declare A_Point = 0;
and I want to move it...
#declare A_Point = A_Point +My_Transform;

wasn't there a v_translate() or something to do that with? I know I am going
to feel stupid when I get the answer.

Post a reply to this message

> I thought I knew how to do this once, but now I can't even find the keyword
> I want. I have a point:
> #declare A_Point = 0;
> and I want to move it...
> #declare A_Point = A_Point +My_Transform;

I'm not sure, if I understand your problem, but the following works
(untested, so don't blame me).

#declare A_Point = <px,py,pz>;
#declare A_Trans = <tx,ty,tz>;
#declare An_Other_Point = A_Point+A_Trans;

> wasn't there a v_translate() or something to do that with? I know I am going
> to feel stupid when I get the answer.

So?

Markus
--
Der deutsche Schlager ist aus dem Klofenster gesprungen....

Post a reply to this message