POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Make the most of your Ram Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:28:30 EDT (-0400)
  Make the most of your Ram (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Kevin Ellis
Subject: Make the most of your Ram
Date: 26 Nov 1999 19:03:47
Message: <383f1fe3@news.povray.org>
Just came across this program at http://www.outertech.com
Not sure if it will help much but it's worth a try

Cacheman

Cacheman is a utility which tweaks the disk
cache settings and prevents frequent swapping
of the data to disk resulting in an improved
performance and stability.

It works on the VCache:

VCACHE is drive cache Windows allocates that can often
gobble up 25-40% of your installed memory.  By default
Windows places NO LIMIT on how large it can be.
Wonderful....

Hope it's useful to someone

Kev

Post a reply to this message

I already have it!  What are good settings for someone who uses POV-Ray?

Brendan Ryan

Kevin Ellis wrote:

> Just came across this program at http://www.outertech.com
> Not sure if it will help much but it's worth a try
>
> Cacheman
>
> Cacheman is a utility which tweaks the disk
> cache settings and prevents frequent swapping
> of the data to disk resulting in an improved
> performance and stability.
>
> It works on the VCache:
>
> VCACHE is drive cache Windows allocates that can often
> gobble up 25-40% of your installed memory.  By default
> Windows places NO LIMIT on how large it can be.
> Wonderful....
>
> Hope it's useful to someone
>
> Kev

Post a reply to this message