POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media Steam Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Media Steam (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Chris Maryan
Subject: Media Steam
Date: 24 Nov 1999 21:22:09
Message: <383C9D51.BCA4D4F7@mcmaster.ca>
What is the secret to creating media steam/clouds? My two big problems
seem to be that I cant get the edge of each 'puff' well defined (not
enough contrast along the edge of the cloud) and that the edge of the
container object plays too much of a role in the shape of the puffs. I
just want puffs of steam shaped randomly, but which are within the
bounds of the container object, any thoughts? Also, what is the usual
pattern used for the density?
--
Chris Maryan
mailto: mar### [at] mcmasterca